The beginning of March was our first official week of home education using the nature curriculum Exploring Nature With Children. Our seasonal study unit this week was nesting birds. We ended our week by making these no bake chocolate birds nests. They were just too delicious not to share with you.
This particular recipe makes 8-10 birds nests.
You will need:
200g Milk Chocolate
85g crushed Shredded Wheat
A packet of Mini Eggs
Simply melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over gently simmering water. Carefully remove and stir in the crushed Shredded Wheat. Spoon into cupcake cases and make a well in the centre. Add 2-3 mini eggs to the well. Let set (about an hour).
Below is a handy print out of the above recipe.
Chocolate Bird Nests
- 200 grams Milk chocolate
- 85 grams Crumbled shredded wheat
- 100 grams Mini eggs
- Break the chocolate into pieces and melt gently over a bowl of simmering water. Once melted, remove from heat.
- Stir the crushed shredded wheat into the melted chocolate and coat.
- Using a dessert spoon, scoop up and place into a cupcake case making a small well in the middle
- Add the mini eggs and place in the fridge to set for at least one hour.
Follow our story on Instagram here
Thank you for reading!